Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Angels Baseball


I'm not much of a baseball fan. The season is too long. The game is a little slow. I don't live in a "baseball" town, even though there is a pro team here. I wasn't very good at hitting when I was in Little League. I could go on, but why?

If I had a favorite team it would be the Angels. When I was kid, we would go to a couple of games a year at the "Big A". I even remember going to a "Freeway series" game at Dodger Stadium, and having some guy give me a hard time about wearing an Angels jacket. But back then they were called the California Angels. Then they changed to the Anaheim Angels, which I think was the most appropriate name for them. But then new owners changed the name - I still will not call them the LA Angels, even though I think the owners are doing a pretty good job. They were better as the Anahiem Angels, or even the California Angels.

But this article on USA Today caught my eye:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/dailypitch/2008-04-08-angels-streak_N.htm

1 comment:

Nichol said...

I just have 3 words for you...
Lets Go Dodgers!!!