Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Photo



Yosemite Valley with El Capitan shrouded in low clouds. 4x5 positive(you can see the poor job of scanning I did - I will have to rescan this.

This pic was part of a weekend project when I was in college getting my degree. For a reason the eludes me today, I decided to do one of my photo class assignments by taking a road trip. It was in the fall and I started by going to Mono Lake. After I got my shot at sunset, I then went to the hotel in Lee Vining. They had on the board that Tioga Pass was closed that night, and that it may open in the morning. I needed to get to Yosemite by the next day, as I had reservations that I didn't want to not use.

So I get up early the next morning, and Tioga Pass is still closed, but the passes to the north are still open. I decided to go for it on the next pass north, which I think was Sonora Pass. I get there, and that pass is closed. So I decided to try the next pass to the north, and it was open. I had to "go a little faster" than I wanted to to get to Yosemite while it was still light enough to shoot, but I made it! I think I got a few shots off before it got too dark. But this one photo was worth the trip.

No comments: