Thursday, April 23, 2009

Readings....

So I finished the book by JM Boice "Gospel of Grace". It was good, but not as deep as I thought it would be.
Also, he made some sweeping generalizations about church at large that I don't agree with.

I went to the library to pick up a CD, and what else did I find?


Oh yeah BABY! The third Stephen Lawhead book of the King Raven trilogy! I had put a hold on it before it came out, and I must have been high on the list, cause it only came out back in Feb.

As with the previous two books, I plowed through this one in a few days. Actually, I could have gone through faster, but I wanted to "savor" the yarn. Needless to say, I enjoyed the story. Maybe if I see the set on sale somewhere(for less than Bran paid the king) I will pick up the set.

It also keeps the door open for me to read more of SH's books. I loved "Byzantium", but was less than enthused for "Patrick". I liked the story, but felt that like he rushed the ending of Patrick...

No comments: