Wednesday, October 15, 2008

LA Kings get their first win, against the Ducks..


Being the child of Canadian parents and living most of my life in SoCal, I kind of HAVE to like hockey and know a little about the happenings of SoCal teams. Especially if I want to talk to my folks in the next few months about anything, since they kind of get glued to the sport. Don't get me wrong, I like it myself, and even had the Penguins/Flyers game on last night, telling my kid that we might go skating this winter. You have to be careful telling a 2 year old about a hockey puck, especially if she doesn't say her "P"s all that well - it could come out as sounding like another word.

I've been more of a Kings fan my whole life, going to games to see Marcel Dionne, Rogey Vachonne, and the rest at the LA Forum. Back when their colors were Purple and Gold(that would be the 70's, in case you wanted to know). This was before Gretzky came to town and changed the look of Hockey in LA. So in my heart of hearts, I want to see the Kings do well. But since the Ducks started, my family has had season tickets to their games, and I have taken in my fair share of contests at the "Pond", in spite of its current name.

In spite of how the picture looks, the Kings beat the Ducks in their first of six meetings of the regular season 6-3. Three of the Kings goals came on power plays! This drops the Ducks to 0-3. The Ducks have had issues with penalties in the previous 2 games that they lost. If they don't turn it around soon, it's gonna be an ugly year for hockey in SoCal. Because yeah, the Kings probably won't do much this year as well....

No comments: