Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Photo



Taken in Riga, Latvia, about 1991. I went there with a group for evangelizing. We stayed in Jurmala on the Baltic, and would go into Riga(capitol of Latvia) every day. I was the "official photog" for the group.

One day after lunch, we stepped out of the restaurant, and I saw this man sittng in his parked car, and I knew that I needed to get his picture. He was staring straight ahead, and had a rather stern look on his face. I turned my back to him to get the camera settings correct(this was before autofocus), and then turned back around to snap the picture. He sees me and breaks out this BIG SMILE. So this guy who could break me in half gets out of his car and shakes my hand. I didn't have a translator with me, but I think he wanted me to send him a picture.

He was a really nice guy named Imats, and he gave me a business card. I may still have it somewhere...

No comments: