Monday, March 24, 2008

Scarlet by Stephen Lawhead


I finished the book "Scarlet" by Stepehen Lawhead last week. Pretty good read, all in all.


I read the first book "Hood" a few months back, and then put a library hold on the second book. I had to wait a few months to get "Scarlet", the second in the "Robin Hood" triology that he is writing. It follows the story of Will Scarlet, from an interesting perspective: dictating to a scribe while he is in prison. He describes how he came to find Bran and joined him, to how he got captured and then escaped. I won't say more than that. I could have finished this book alot faster than I did - but it's such a good read - I had to put it down to just soak in some of the word pictures and ambiance. Near the end, I felt like he rushed to the conclusion, and left the reader with a big time cliffhanger. Let's just say that "someone's gonna die..."


The next and final book, "Tuck", is supposed to come out next year. I am not sure I can wait for the library system next year - I might have to purchase the set!

No comments: