Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Framed on Ovation Channel


After I put the kid to bed last night, I started perusing the channels, and I came upon the Ovation channel's programs on photography.

http://www.ovationtv.com/framed/

I watched most of "Right Place, Right time", and then "Fixing the Shadows". The photo to the left is from Andre Kertesz, and the scene has not changed much from when he took the shot, over 100 years ago. I love the "decisive moment" pictures.

They were both pretty good, but I had issues watching them.

They seemed to be directed towards photgraphers. So some of the comments were, shall we say, a little esoteric.



Some of the music was downright crazy - I had to mute the TV! Piano playing really fast, the same melody - like crazy music!

I Tivo'd another episode last night, and may do that for the rest. Otherwise, between the crazy music and the pseudo philosophical mumbo jumbo just gets to be too much!

No comments: