Friday, October 08, 2010

Friday Photo


Yes, another Yosemite pic! Valley floor, winter, at sunset. Click on the photo to make it larger(Will open another window)

I had never been to Yosemite in winter prior to this trip here, so I was excited. I had to go by myself, but I was OK with that.
Night before I am going to leave, big storm blows into SoCal. Closes the Grapevine and Tehachpi passes. But I, I have reservations in Yosemite that night! I'm not gonna let some snowstorm get in my way!
Looked at the map and figured that I could work my way around if I got off the main highways. Let's just say that was a mistake and that I got stuck in snow on a lonely stretch of road. Some locals got me unstuck and I think I paid them 20 bucks, but it was worth it.
I decided that waiting until Tehachipi was the best bet.

Got to the Valley at 5PM, after leaving mt house at 5AM. A trip that usually takes half that time.
Next morning got up and shot all day long!
This shot was probably from the first day, from my fav spot at sunset. The way the light hits El Capitan at sunset is just magical.
And then it got cold. Real cold. Like seeing the heat come out from my finger-tips through my gloves cold.

No comments: